Saturday, January 23, 2010

So far, so great!

We left a drippy and strangely snowy Nogales Arizona early this morning and made for the border crossing. It was so odd to see street corner taco vendors selling their fare from mittened hands. Not exactly the ideal photo for the Mexican tourist board to use.

Thank goodness a swift two hour drive down the well maintained cuota (or toll road), in the "Hassel Free Vehicle Zone", I might add, brought us to sunny and warm San Carlos Bay. Now, I am not sure what happens at the end of the "Zone" in 98 kilometers, but I suspect that is where the hassles begin. I let you know if that is a fact.


Anyway, we had a great lunch of savory fish tacos and sautéed shrimp at a nice patio café called Bananas. The waitress even made sure Lucky, or as he is now referred to, Senior Suerte, or Mr. Lucky, was comfortable. To celebrate our success of making it thus far, we each had a refreshing Margarita. Ahhh, I love life in the no Hassle Zone. I think I need to declare my office a "No Hassle Zone" when I get back to civilization (a term which I use loosely).

After eating the last chip and sucking the limes for good measure, we decided to stretch our legs before hitting the road again. We walked down the street and were awe-struck by the beauty of San Carlos bay. Senior Suerte went crazy. He ran around like a like a dog freed from a rolling prison (two days in a car will do that to you). I was amazed by all of the magnificent shells on the beach. I now have another use for poop bags, shell collecting! Works great.

We jumped back on the cuota and made of our stop for the night Cuidad Obregon. We were there by 4:00PM. The hotel a Quality Inn was at least twelve stars over last nights Motel 6 (sorry Tom, you can turn the light off now). The plan is to grab a quick dinner get a good night sleep and to be up by seven to head for our final south-bound destination of Mazatlan.

Haste Luego!

Senior Suerte es fini!


No comments:

Post a Comment