Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mountain's Majesty

Have you ever been in the presence of something or someone that makes you feel so small, so inconsequential? For me, I feel that way here in Zion. I look up at these towering sheer cliff and spires, and I feel like a mere gnat. I watched rock climbers ascend one of the summits from the valley floor, and from my vantage point they looked liked little mustard seeds climbing up a tiny thread to the heavens.

The grandeur of this special place is really hard to capture on film because you must have context and scale to really appreciate what you are seeing. Despite this, I could not stop pressing the button on my camera, as I am desperate to somehow bring this magic to you.

So, here is a bit of what we saw today. I am sorry that you were not standing next to me to see the spectacle for yourself!









I hope you have enjoyed this small glimpse of Zion National Park. We will be hitting the trails again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment